As a little girl of six I remember being fascinated by the way my mother’s fiery red hair caught the sun’s rays when she’d sit at the edge of her bed brushing her hair every morning. Her hair was fire; cascading waves of liquid red, spilling over her shoulders right down to her waist. Captivated, I’d roll over to her and run my fingers through her soft tresses, like silk, and watch it slip through my fingers…and I just knew; knew that I would do anything to have her silken soft tresses.
This desire led me one of the most prestigious cosmetology schools inManhattan KS and today I advise women about hair care and styles and feel really happy doing it!
So ladies, grab a pen. Here are some of the easiest ways in which you can get silk soft tresses that, well, beg to be touched.
1) Hot oil massage: If there was ever a good reason to get a massage, this was most definitely it. A hot oil massage can do wonders for your circulation and if you oil your scalp and hair before a shower, you’ll be blessed with silky soft hair. And it literally only takes 30 minutes of your time. Start off by warming half a cup of warm olive or coconut oil and massage it into your scalp and hair. Next, wrap your hair in a hot towel for about 30 minutes and rise off with a mild shampoo.
2) Aloe Vera: You might have heard about the benefits of using aloe vera for better skin, but let me just tell you, aloe vera has worked wonders for the hair as well. And what’s great is that you can grow it in your backyard! What it takes just 5 minutes of your time, right from cutting two or three thick leaves, scooping out the pulp and blending the pulp. Once you have your pulp ready, rub it into your hair, making sure your hair is well saturated from root to tip. Cover your head with a shower cap and sit under a hair dryer for about 5 minutes. Rinse out your hair with a regular shampoo.
3) Bananas and avocados: I’ve always loved avocados. An excellent source of healthy fats and nutrients, these babies will transform your hair from drab to fab in minutes! All it takes is one banana, the pulp of half an avocado, ¼ cup of honey and just a little bit of olive oil to soften it up (you may choose to skip the olive oil if you want as well), massage into your hair and leave it for about half an hour. Watch your hair transform once you wash it off later. Yoghurt in place of avocado also works well.
4) Apple cider vinegar: Mix 2 cups of water with half a cup of apple cider vinegar. After you’re done shampooing, apply this solution to your hair as you would with a conditioner. Rinse out your hair after a few minutes and voila! You have shiny, healthy hair in minutes!
5) Oil and avocado: Mix together olive or coconut oil, a couple of drops of lemon juice and the pulp of one avocado. Apply this mixture to damp hair and leave it for about 20 minutes. Maybe catch up on one of your sitcoms, fix yourself a sandwich…and then rinse it out with lukewarm hair. Shampoo and condition as normal.
I wasn’t kidding when I was talking about easy, now was I?
Author Bio: From the age of 10, Kathleen knew she would wanted to pursue a successful career in the beauty industry. She followed her passion and completed a course from one of the most prestigious beauty schools. At the age of 24, Kathleen has her own beauty salon and happily writes articles to help eager aspirants into the beauty industry achieve success. Eager to learn more and continually update her knowledge, Kathleen keeps in step with the latest trends in skin care, cosmetology, hair design, and massage therapy.