Herbal infusions are concentrated teas: medicinal plants put in hot water which is covered for at least 20 minutes. Decoction is when the plants are boiled in water for a certain period of time, like 20-30 minutes. In hair’s case is better to use infusions, let them get cool at a proper temperature and then used for rinsing the hair, achieve natural shampoo or shampoo cosmetics dilution. Herbal infusions are easy to make, all you need to do is identify the problem and choose the right plants.
- For shiny hair will be used: rosemary, arnica, nettle, parsley.
- To stimulate hair growth: nettle, peach leaves, sage, young ferns, lavender, basil and rosemary.
- Anti-dandruff: cosmetic anti-dandruff shampoos are often harsh and irritate the scalp and dandruff is removed only temporarily. Scalp, in turn will produce more oil to protect itself. To regain balance and to remove dandruff, you can use plants such as willow bark, leaves and root of comfrey, mint, nettle, quassia.
- For conditioning and toning: rosemary, lemongrass, horsetail, sage, lavender, basil, yarrow, black cherry bark, ragweed, burdock, nettle, root and parsnip samnata.
- For oily hair: lemongrass, quassia, lemon peel, willow bark, peppermint, yarrow.
- For dry hair: primrose, comfrey, orange peel, acacia, shock, clove, orange blossom, burdock, aloe, clover.
- For cleaning: young fern, yarrow, aloe, quassia.
- For comfort and healing: fennel, aloe, chamomile.
Plants are here so we can use them. Do not forget about them, because most of the times they have alot more better effects than all synthesis products full of noxious chemicals.