Hair fall is a common problem that can affect up to 40 percent of women and 20 percent of men in their lifetime. Whether you are suffering from this problem and do not know what steps to take, or you are looking to prevent it, below are some tips to deal with hair fall.These tips are just a few options to try for hair fall, but always remember to ask your doctor or a professional for other methods that may benefit you.
1. Leave out unnecessary chemicals as much as possible. Chemicals like hair dye, perms, and bleach sometimes cause severe damage to the hair making it brittle and weak. If you have to, cut down on how many times you add these chemicals to your hair. Only dye your hair once a month instead of every two weeks.
2. Avoid heat on the hair. Heat is a common cause for hair breakage and loss. To prevent this, consider letting your hair air dry occasionally instead of blow drying it. Also give the hair straightener a break.
3. Take vitamins. Vitamins A,B,C and E are very important for the hair and scalp. A deficiency in these vitamins can cause hair fall. If you are not fond of actually taking a vitamin supplement, just eat more foods with these nutrients in them.
4. Protein. Hair is made of protein. It is one of the (if not the most important) nutrients needed for the hair. It keeps the hair full and strong. The more protein in the hair, the less hair fall you will have.
5. Message your scalp. Messaging the scalp at least 30 minutes a day will stimulate blood flow. This blood flow will help to get more vitamins and other nutrients to your hair.
6. Use natural hair products. Natural hair products contain little or no chemicals that can damage the hair. Some of these products can be made from herbs, can be organic, or just be chemical-free.
7. Apple cider vinegar and green tea. These two products you can drink and put in your hair. Apply these products on your scalp once or twice a week and leave on for an hour, then rinse. The antioxidants in them help to strengthen your hair and keep it healthy.
8. Reduce stress. Stress weakens the hair and causes it to break off and fall out. Think of some hobbies that you like to do that reduce your stress. If you are not sure of any, consider meditation or yoga to bring the stress levels down.
Natasha Dogre is a health consultant at iCliniq, an online doctor appointment platform that brings healthcare to more people. If you have any questions or more suggestions to live a healthy life, you can add them to the comments section below.